Sunday, September 28, 2014

Twitter Sunday

Twitter Sunday!

What did I learn this Sunday?

First, I tweet a lot. I learn a lot. I have two for learning. @nsdedwards is for school. @grammasheri is my own Personal Learning Network. Twitter is a river that flows constantly, swirling and twirling in conversations and debates, flowing and sharing resources for teaching and learning. You can't possibly catch them all. I can't catch them all. But, I can take the time to dip my toes in the Twitter River to gather conversations, connections, and resources that improve my teaching and my learning -- and  that of my students.

Second, Sunday is a day I can usually spend some time reviewing the stream. This Sunday I was invited to the #TPEPchat sponsored by @PSESD It was an invigorating conversation about setting growth goals. You can sense the many different leaders in the discussion bringing the issues, practicalities, and realities into the conversation. Many "Whole Child" advocates provided information; principals chimed in with specifics; and teaches expressed what they needed from school leaders.

So, here are four resources from many from that chat:

1) To Question 7: Q7: What are some ways evaluators can support the goal setting process? came these responses:


 Trust. Relationships. Whether it's with our students or with our evaluators, true growth comes with knowing each person's best interest and support is valued. Encouragement and hope, knowing that options are available -- for students and teachers -- help improve learning for us all. [Note: the Miranda B is my granddaughter, who chimed in on the chat; she's our future, and we need to understand the vision our students have in order to design the assessments and plans that will encourage them to try.]

2) Student Growth Resources:

PSESD Growth Wiki
 
Data, Data, Data My Student Growth Data Story by teacher Lindsey Stevens [Also read here ]

Evaluator's Role by teacher Kristin Bailey-Fogarty

3) How many ways can students demonstrate learning?

Greg Miller, Superintendent says:




4) How can we differentiate for the students in our classrooms?  Resources:

Actively Learn   Link to your Google Account; set up classes for students

NEWSela  Link to your Google Account; set up classes for students

ReadWorks Leveled Reading Passages

ReadWriteThink Lessons, Online Interactives


 So, are you ready for Student Growth Goals?  How can we as a team help each other and our students?


Please remember this is a school-related site. Model digital citizenship. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a school-related site. Model digital citizenship. Thank you.