Monday, August 6, 2012

I want to be better

I want to be better. I know my colleagues do too. We've sat around dinner tables together sharing ideas and planning ways to improve our teaching through our many years together.

I want to be better. I saw this tweet from Will Chamberlain and thought it was so important, I retweeted it and took a snapshot of it.

I want to be better. So I spend time reading, searching, discussing, learning, taking webinars, joining groups, and trying new technologies that just might ignite that spark of personal learning for my students.  Because that's where we're headed: personalized or personal learning.

My summer time on my own is my personal learning, but it is really for my family, my classroom, my students, and my peers. It's because I want to be better.


I need to be better. I need to be ready.

Flickr CC by Henriksent  Flickr CC By humboldthead Flickr CC By haikugirloz

I know my colleagues have been learning and thinking and resting too. I hope they share their learning with others. And have you seen what’s happening at Connected Educator Month? Here are a few places you can go, courtesy of my  P2PU Connected Educator Group.  
Which one will you attend?
Common Core
Events
Web Resources
 And here's a Classroom 20 exclusive: LiveBinder of Free Professional Development

I want to be better; I need to be ready. Here's a post on my summer learning written for my PLN.

How about you? What has your personalized learning looked like this summer?



Please remember this is a school-related site. Model digital citizenship. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a school-related site. Model digital citizenship. Thank you.