My iPad is classroom ready -- the first screen displays all the productivity, lesson, and instruction apps I may need in an instant.
For an explanation video, click here:
My Home Screen: Classroom Ready
- iBooks with lessons, research, info
- neuAnnotate with annotated pdfs of my own or downloaded from Safari; easily remixed lessons with graphics and my directions for students
- Cal -- my Google Apps calendar to access Staff Events and Sub Days quickly
- Notes: native app Notes and Bamboo Paper to use with my Incipio stylus pen -- quick links, notes, etc.
- G-Whizz! Access to all my things Google: docs, tasks, calendar, reader, talk, etc.
- NSD Staff: access to all the quick links for forms, calendar, etc.
- Evernote: access to my webclips, notes, audio
- Mail: send/receive
- Twitter: Share PD research, events, etc.
- iGoogle -- access to all NSD info
- Explain Everything -- create posters, videos to share lessons; fantastic app
- Zite - current events in education, science, math, etc.
- Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary: kid friendly definitions instantly
- Docs; instant access to lessons
- iGoogle -- access to planbookedu, Gooru lessons/videos, and Engrade; access to our class homepage and blogs
- Picassa -- access to images for instruction
- gFlash and Evernote Peek -- flashcards
- Opportunity --
- Conference Form (created in Google Docs) to document reading and writing conference information and follow-up
- Explain Everything -- share lessons
- Zite -- share current events in science for writing/reading
- Safari -- access to class webpage, search, etc.
How do I place my NSD Staff on the home page? In Safari on your iPad, go to the page you want on your homescreen, in this case staff.nsdeagles.org
Click on the arrow as shown and choose "Add to Home Screen"
A window will pop up to name the page, like the one below for the Opportunity Slip. Name it, then click Add.
The page will load as an icon on one of your pages. If you want to move it, hold down on the icon until it begins to shake (don't click the X, you'll delete it). Grab hold of it and swipe it to the page you want.
Now, what's on your homescreen?
Please remember this is a school-related site. Model digital citizenship. Thank you.